This past weekend saw eight students from the MSSU Baptist Student Union attend the Great Commission Conference in Kansas City, MO. It was a time of to learn, worship, be challenged and have fun. We heard from speakers like James Choung and Kempton Turner, enjoyed some amazing breakouts and had fantastic time throwing axes. Yes, throwing axes. In case you missed it, here’s a few of the takeaways…
- Shaping culture is the chief job of a leader. What is the culture in your ministry?
- “I’m just a nobody trying to to everybody about somebody who can save anybody.” The Williams Brothers
- A disciple is one who did the things the rabbi did for the reasons that he did them. How closely are you following the Rabbi Jesus?
- The gospel isn’t “Come follow me…” and I’ll heal your hurts, bring you joy or justice, or put a new car in your garage, but rather “Come follow me and I’ll make you fishers of men.”
- If you want to make a difference, be with Jesus.
- A better question than why should I go on a mission, is why shouldn’t I go. Unless you hear from God otherwise, assume you are called to go.