- Remember your purpose. Don’t ask a girl out because it sounds fun or you’re bored or your roommate bet you couldn’t get her to say “yes.” That’s just dumb. The purpose of asking a girl out is to get to know her better. (Ultimately we all know the purpose is to find a wife, but that’s a little scary on the first date. Take it slow.)
- Proverbs 4:23 “Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.” Nothing will sidetrack your faith faster than the fair sex. Set physical and emotional boundaries for yourself before you even begin.
- 1 Peter 1:13-16 Remember who you are. If you call yourself a Christian, you are called to a BIBLICAL standard of purity. No exceptions. No excuses. Find someone (a guy!) who will hold you accountable to this before you even ask a girl out.
- SIC ‘em! Be Specific, Intentional and Creative when you ask for a date. None of this: “Um, do you wanna maybe go out sometime this weekend and do something?” Just don’t. It’s embarrassing. Give them a time, place and an idea of what you’ll be doing—and it had better not be dinner and a movie!
- Ephesians 5:3-4 Honor her reputation: Think about where you’re going and what you’re doing together. People make assumptions. Don’t give them fodder to jump to the wrong conclusions about you or her.
- Proverbs 31:10 Honor her: Value her opinion and integrity.
- Old-fashioned works! Open doors, give her your jacket, pull out her chair, etc. “A princess deserve a pedestal.”
- Pay for the date. It sends a message about your opinion of her and your ability to be “the man.”
- Proverbs 18:2, 13 Be less interesting, more interested. Ask questions and don’t just talk about football.
- Lead, spiritually. It is your God-given duty as a man. (Genesis 3:16, 1 Corinthians 11:3) Take the initiative to pray over dinner. Ask her about her walk with God. Find out where she goes to church. Establish your own spiritual identity as well. Let her know that you intend to keep Christ at the center of your life regardless of all else. And if you can’t say that in truth, then I strongly urge you to abort the whole thing in the first place. Don’t start dating anyone if you haven’t established your relationship with Jesus first!
- Today is NOONDAY! FREE FOOD! 11:30-1Soggy this afternoon, with a 💯chance of grilling under the BSU pavilion tonight!Friday’s Prayer Golf was a SUCCESS! Don’t forget tomorrow night we will be having a BBQ and fellowship to end the semester! See you then 6:30 🥳🍔🌭☀️Noonday! Bring your friends 11:30-1 for some FREE food!Ryan Young, College Ministrr at FBC Joplin, walks us through Acts 4. How can YOU. Take a stand for Christ?COMMON GROUND TONIGHT! See you 6:30! 🥳
No upcoming events
- (Not So) Deep Thoughts
- BSU Update
- Collegiate Week
- Fall Retreat
- God in the Wilderness
- NoonDay Gospel
- PASSION 2013
- Sanctity of Life
- Sexy faith
- Social Justice
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Spring Break
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets